FRTL Response to COVID-19 including Remote Access to Databases and Resources
Due to the on-going pandemic situation, the BMO Financial Group Finance Research and Trading Lab (Finance Lab) will be providing its services and activities remotely. This section summarizes our current effort to respond to the COVID-19 situation and will be kept up-to-date to provide the latest information to our users.
Finance Lab Space
Following the guidelines of the Rotman School of Management and the University of Toronto, the BMO Financial Group Finance Research and Trading Lab will stay closed until further notice with no access either during regular hours or with key-FOB after hours.
Online Remote Access to Databases and Resources
Databases and resources available through the Finance Lab are currently accessible online remotely.
- FactSet: all Rotman faculty, graduate and undergraduate students from Rotman programs will have access to individual FactSet accounts. If you do not have an account yet, please apply for an account from this link.
- Capital IQ: all Rotman faculty, graduate and undergraduate students from Rotman programs will have access to individual Capital IQ accounts and you can log in from here. If you have trouble logging in, please first follow the instructions from this link to reset your password. If you do not have an account yet, please contact us with your information including your name, UTORid, student #, and program name. Please note: Capital IQ account access for students who graduated in June 2020 has been extended to December 31 2020.
- Datastream: all UofT faculty, graduate and undergraduate students will have access to Datastream remotely. Please contact us email@example.com with your information (name, UTORid, student #, and program) for more detailed instructions.
- Bloomberg: all Rotman faculty, graduate and undergraduate students from Rotman programs will have access to Bloomberg remotely. If it is your first time setting up remote access to Bloomberg, please follow the detailed guide document from this link. If not, please simply book your time slot from this webpage.
- Morningstar Direct: all Rotman faculty and graduate students from Rotman programs will have access to Morningstar Direct. Please contact us for detailed instructions.
- WRDS: most of the research databases listed from this webpage are available through a database portal called Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) and all faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students from University of Toronto will have access to it. If you currently do not have an account, you can apply for an inidvidual account from this link.
RIT: you can download and install RIT on your Windows-based PC by following instructions from this website. If you have a Mac computer, please try following this guide to install Windows on your Mac to download and install RIT. If you are not able to install Windows on your Mac and need RIT for your course, please contact us with your information (name, UTORid, student # and course code).
Finance Lab Activities
Course-related Finance Lab sessions: please note that no in-person session will be delivered in the lab as most of the sessions will be delivered through a video tutorial or a live video module. A separate arrangement has been made with course instructors, so please reach out to your course instructors for more detailed information.
Extra-curricular activities: please note that most of the extra-curricular activities are expected to take place remotely in a limited capacity. They include CTC (Commerce Trading Competition), ROTC (Rotman Online Trading Competition), and RPMC (Rotman Portfolio Management Competition). More detailed information will become available on the corresponding webpages in the future. Unfortunately, RITC (Rotman International Trading Competition) will not take place in Feb 2021 and the 18th edition of the competition is expected to take place in Feb 2022.
Finance Lab Support
If you require any additional information or support from us, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.