Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS)
OverviewISS provides several key financial datasets, delivering insights to help researchers examine governance risk and understand key issues or trends in the areas of board, compensation, shareholder proposals, institutional voting records and shareholder meeting results. More specifically, the following datasets are availabled through our subscription:
- U.S. mutual fund voting records for all institutions filing the SEC form N-PX
- Global institutions covered by ISS outside SEC U.S. disclosures
- Universe of S&P 1500 companies —range of variables related to individual board directors (e.g., name, age, tenure, gender, committee memberships, primary employer and title, etc.
- Provides data on classic takeover defense and other corporate governance provisions, including classified boards, cumulative voting, golden parachutes, poison pills, and state takeover laws
- Access proposals that came to a vote as well as those that were withdrawn by the proponent or allowed to be omitted from the proxy by the SEC
- Access lead filer of the proposal, the meeting date, and outcome