BMO FRT-Lab Response to COVID-19
Due to the ongoing pandemic situation, the BMO Financial Group Finance Research and Trading Lab (BMO FRT-Lab) will be providing its services and activities remotely. This section summarizes our current effort to respond to the COVID-19 situation and will be kept up-to-date to provide the latest information to our users.
Following the guidelines of the Rotman School of Management and the University of Toronto, the BMO Financial Group Finance Research and Trading Lab (BMO FRT-Lab) will stay closed until further notice with no access either during regular hours or with key-FOB after hours.
Online Remote Access to Databases and Resources
All databases and resources available through the Finance Lab are currently accessible online remotely.
To access the full list of Databases and Sources CLICK HERE.
- FactSet: all Rotman faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students from Rotman programs will have access to individual FactSet accounts. Access extension notice: FactSet account access for students who graduated in June 2021 has been extended to October 31, 2021.
- Capital IQ: all Rotman faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students from Rotman programs will have access to individual Capital IQ accounts. Access extension notice: Capital IQ account access for students who graduated in June 2021 has been extended to December 31, 2021.
- Datastream: all UofT faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students will have access to Datastream remotely. If you do not have an account yet, CLICK HERE. for an access request.
- Bloomberg: all Rotman faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students from Rotman programs will have access to Bloomberg remotely.
- Morningstar Direct: all Rotman faculty and graduate students from Rotman programs will have access to Morningstar Direct.
- WRDS: most of the research databases listed on this webpage are available through a database portal called Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS), all faculty, graduate, and undergraduate students from the University of Toronto will have access to it.
- RIT: you can follow the appropriate links below to download and install RIT Client on your machine:
- Windows-based PC: please follow installation instructions from this website link.
- Mac computer users: please try following this guide to install Windows on your Mac to download and install RIT.
- If you are not able to install Windows on your Mac and need RIT for your course, please send an to email@example.com with your information (name, UTORid, student #, and course code).
- RPM: in order to purchase your RPM account and download the software, please visit the RPM website CLICK HERE. If you have a Mac, you can use the RPM WebTrader instead CLICK HERE.
Finance Lab Activities
Finance Lab sessions: please note that no in-person session will be delivered in the lab as most of the sessions will be delivered through a video tutorial or a live video module. A separate arrangement has been made with course instructors, so please reach out to your course instructors for more detailed information.
Extra-curricular activities: please note that most of the extra-curricular activities are expected to take place remotely in a limited capacity. They include CTC (Commerce Trading Competition), ROTC (Rotman Online Trading Competition), and RPMC (Rotman Portfolio Management Competition). More detailed information will become available on the corresponding web pages in the future.
Finance Lab Support
If you require any additional information or support, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.